Saturday, March 10, 2007

feeding the center

those of you reading since the beginning of this year will know that my word for this year is "center". i'm hoping that it will help me to find more peace being in my skin and contentment, even joy at being a woman, specifically, this woman. needless to say other than silence and centering i really have NO idea how to achieve this. i have been praying for direction. i never expected to find it in my craft cupboard.

i have been organizing a lot of stuff lately, most recently my scrapbooking supplies and craft supplies. i came across some beautiful susan branch stickers i had purchased years ago, and it had this quote:

Nothing feeds the center of being
so much as creative work.
The curtain of mechanization
has come down between the mind and the hand.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh

she is someone i would have loved to meet. everything i have ever read that she has spoken or written is so centered and beautiful. how surprised i was to see that by becoming more creative this year i will find my center. this puts such a big smile on my face. i can hardly believe it's true. it seems so indulgent. almost like permission. i know if my word for this year was "creative" it wouldn't have inspired me as deeply. i love that i'm going for 'centered' and getting creative too.

the other amazing part of this is the word "feeds" - being a compulsive overeater i constantly have my radar up for words that speak in reference to food, eating, fullness and satisfaction. i know that what i truly hunger for has little to do with food. i'm excited to see how feeding my center helps to keep me from feeding my stomach.

rich, rich thoughts today. hope you're finding them too. happy weekend!

4 comments:

Alexander M Zoltai said...

Synchronicity of the Day:

"i know that what i truly hunger for has little to do with food. i'm excited to see how feeding my center helps to keep me from feeding my stomach."

This is the ninth day of my fast...

~ Alex

Patchouli said...

Entitled--to happiness, centeredness, peace--when did entitlement become a dirty word? Aren't you entitled to be happy being you? Yes, lots of rich thoughts...

Gerrard Fess said...

Since you live in Canada now shouldn't it be Centre?

Anonymous said...

bobbie, i am leaving thursday night for a two week mission trip to india. i will miss reading your posts and insights. take good care of yourself and i will catch you when i return.

blessings
judi