Thursday, September 20, 2007

it's YOU lydia!

gasp - out loud - stunned, complete revelation - my friend lydia just left this comment on how is jesus like bread and another penny dropped:
What came to my mind as I read your ponderings about bread - you are comparing something tangible with something intangible: a slice of buttered bread which we can see, feel and taste with our physical bodies/and Jesus who we can only experience on a spiritual level. Your question "Why did God pick these two addictive elements (bread and wine) to remember Him?" jumped right off the page at me and made me wonder if maybe it is actually the other way around - we become addicted to these substances BECAUSE they symbolize God to us and we are desperate in our need for Him.
i am so thrilled to have you in my life lydia - face to face - you are a deep, deep well! i LOVE the way your mind thinks!

2 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

oh, yes! That makes sense!

Patchouli said...

"...a loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou..." desperately seeking unconditional love in this earthly world?

This discussion is relevant on so many levels to me as a woman, not just a human.

Lydia, nail on the head. Nail right on the head.