Wednesday, September 13, 2006

big changes on blogger beta

i've made the big switch to the blogger beta and have played/argued with it all day. many things i really like - there are some other things i am not impressed with, but i know they'll work out the kinks soon.

if you take a look at my sidebar you will see the fruits of my labors. one of the frustrations i have had with blogger (actually all blogs in general) was that the meaningful posts that explain things get lost in the archieves. unless someone is intentionally searching for old posts and history new readers loose much of the story. also i know that there are some posts that i really have liked and would love for new readers feedback on them.

i have started with three sections, one on my history, why i'm anonymous, and some blog posts i really like. another is on my struggle with sexual addiction. it was the reason i started blogging - and i think there are far too many fellow strugglers out 'there' who feel alone, especially women. please know, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! the third is a series i wrote about the serenity prayer. i want to re-read it myself, so i made sure to put it in sequence so that i (and others) could read it too.

another new feature of blogger beta that i LOVE and have been begging for is labels. this will really allow people to find posts about subjects they are interested in. it will take a long time to get the back posts done, but i am committed to getting this up to form as soon as possible.

a HUGE frustration i have is the new archieving system. old years are just stacked on top of each other - months are not tabbed anymore and it's really frustrating that you have to search through the whole year to find an old post. PLEASE FIX THIS BLOGGER PEOPLE!! we want to have past years tabbed by month.

i also have had difficulty putting haloscan comments back into my template - hopefully this can be corrected as so many of you have blessed me by contributing to my blog with your words of encouragement and community.

3 comments:

Chris said...

So - is this another comment? Arghh! I'm confused by this new blogger commenting system!!

Well, I'll just wait again and see what shows up...

Wait - I think this might be working this time! It'll only be my 4th try...

bobbie said...

it worked, but i can't get haloscan to work... sigh.

i hope they get the kinks worked out on this SOON!!

Chris said...

I think I've given up on haloscan, unfortunately. Having both systems was driving me a little batty, as comments would get left on both (I hadn't completely turned off my blogger comments). Blogger commenting has improved so much, I just wanted to use it. But I don't have the amount of history of comments on haloscan that'll get left behind as you do...

Sorry I left such a content-less comment yesterday. I had fought with the commenting system for quite a while... When I started commenting, my blogger account was still the original system - I'm not sure if that is why, but I kept getting horrible error messages when I tried to leave a comment. By the time I actually successfully left a comment, I had converted my account over to beta. Prior to that, I was very confused about what account name/password combo to use... but I'm not sure if that's what caused the errors, or if it's hard to leave comments on a beta blog if your profile is still associated with the original blogger?