Friday, February 11, 2005

today is the day!

well - the thyroid saga continues. my own doctor didn't think that my second set of results warranted any treatment, and that hit me like a ton of bricks. i contacted one of liam's friends who is an ob-gyn and an elder at our church to get his take on it.

he would have treated me if i had been his patient, so he encouraged me to either challenge her or to get a referral to an endocrinologist - i did both - i scheduled the appointment with the endo and wrote a letter to her asking her to reconsider.

late yesterday afternoon her nurse called me to tell me she was prescribing treatment - yay! i go to pick up the script today.

i know it's not a miracle drug, but i sure would like to reclaim whatever i've lost to this. if anyone has experience with this treatment or has any advice i'd love to hear it!

No comments: