Thursday, December 18, 2008

complete

i just posted on "complete" and decided to look back through posts from this past year - and came across the post i wrote to celebrate one year of clean abstinence - 365

i wrote in there that this psalm was speaking deeply to me - and NEVER did i make the "complete" connection until today - it moved me so deeply i had to note it here - i'm still amazed at how 12 steps this passage really is:

Psalm 18:20-24
GOD made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together,
he gave me a fresh start.
Now I'm alert to GOD's ways;
I don't take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works;
I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
and I'm watching my step.
GOD rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

4 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

ooh, I likey. Is that The Message translation?

GOD rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

WOW.

bobbie said...

that is the message - love Eugene! he's my man!

Togenberg said...

Both of these lines are powerful and seem key to the joy and healing. This then this, this occured/blossomed when I...

"...when I placed all the pieces."
"...when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."

I am so afraid of God, and he seems so distant. I struggle to open my heart's book. But I am changing. One day at a time.

bobbie said...

that is music to my ears Tog!

do you have a message translation?

other bibles always feel like weapons to me, but the message is so gentle, it has healed a lot of the broken places for me that "scripture" used to cause.