Wednesday, January 19, 2005

choosing sanity... at least i'm trying...

in 4 hours 7 women will descend on my humble abode for our monthly 'tea'. once a year i must host a tea in return for 11 lovely teas elsewhere. it's not really 'my thing' to be all fussy and frilly, but i have learned so much and the feeling of being honored and prepared for the other 11 months of the year somehow make all of this work worthwhile... somehow...

this year i am quite prepared, and i haven't had any screaming bouts or crazy episodes, even though my kids had the past 2 days off school. my house is quite clean and my menu is coming along nicely. just need to finish up a couple of things and set the table. unfortunately it seems much is conspiring against me to push me over that very fragile edge...

most of you know coffee is my 'thing', i'm not really a 'tea' kinda girl. this morning my lovely cuisinart self-grinding coffee maker decided that it's thermostat isn't going to work and we've got quite the huge snow storm. at least they didn't call a school delay or snow day... that would have melted me into a pile of tears.

so, here i sit breathing and trying to calm down and figure out what to do with my coffee maker and the rest of my day, hoping that all of this food i've prepared won't go to waste because my friends can't make it here to dine with me... breathe...

No comments: