Thursday, July 27, 2006

i'm going!

today i got a job, it's a small, casual but intriguing one and it helped me finally decide that i will be fulfilling part of my vision from "the path" workshop i participated in over 18 months ago.

what really helped me make my decision was encouragement by erin, hope, stephanie & connie. each of these women took the time to remind me of things i had either forgotten or refused to acknowledge. thank you ladies - your words were light and life to me and i am so very grateful to have your input in my world!

i'm not sure why south africa is so important, (well, neritia is there!) but it is redeeming something deep inside of me. i remember my teen years negotiating with god that i would do anything i was called to do but "please don't send me to africa"... that song by scott wesley brown (here mp3 here is you're not familiar)

here is the part of my vision i wrote in november 2005:
The mission trips I've been able to join in the past three years have been most helpful in collecting and giving voice to global stories of women of such different cultures, but similar pain. I have grown so fond of the Global Action team and have treasured each strong friendship that has built through our travels together.

Our trips to South Africa to The River Farm to visit Neritia's communal work there have been one of the highlights. Seeing those women and children learning how to live in the light is one of the greatest joys I've been given.
want to join us? we'd love it if you did!!

if anyone feels led to support me in this endeavor i would be so grateful. the cost was one of the reasons i almost considered not participating - but as grandpa joe said in charlie & the chocolate factory:
There's plenty of money out there. They print more of it every day. But that ticket? There are only five of them in the world, and that's all there's ever going to be. Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?

No comments: