Monday, April 30, 2007

step 10

i have begun to ponder step 10 and what intentionally "doing" this step will look like for me.

Step 10: Continued to take person inventory, and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

i regularly take my inventory and make amends, apologize and keep my list short - but i know that there is more that i can do that will breathe life into this step (and me) if i take my time with it.

i have been contemplating the daily examen - i know anj has much experience with this in her "best and worst" and daily at supper we have our "highs and lows" conversation with our kids - but i really want to learn about this ancient practice and build it into my own spiritual disciplines.

anyone have any help, advice, experience, strength and hope to offer?? i probably won't read "spirit of the disciplines" or other involved works on the topic due to time and prior reading commitments - but i would love to read bits, blog posts, articles or chapters if anyone has "what worked for you" kind of input - i'd be eternally grateful!

No comments: