Monday, January 08, 2007

when did i move to the south?

all right, we are supposed to be in canada, eh?

i peeked out the window this morning after the alarm went off just to see how bad we got nailed last night. there was less than an inch. oh well, somehow we here on the east coast have gotten vancouver's weather this year.

so i made coffee and started to read blogs while it brewed. i decided it might be a good idea to call the cancellation/delay number for the school before i woke my kids up, and i expected a possible delay.

nope, they canceled school. wimps. granted the forecast was supposed to be horrible. i think everyone keeps holding their breath waiting for the other snow boot to drop. not today. at least my children will be gloriously happy with this gift from the school board.

they'll be out there like those southern kids trying to scrape together enough snow to possibly make a snowman or a few snowballs. great white north my eye...

5 comments:

Trudging said...

I am with you on the school thing. Although it is so green here I doubt we will get any snow days this winter.

Sue said...

We've had our huge snowfall and horrible windstorms wreaking havoc and all you've had is a couple of inches. Somethings gone screwy here!

Unknown said...

I don't mind snow so much, but I can't stand the cold...I know, tough haul...so I'm deffinately enjoying the whole "snowless Canadian winter" we're having here...although it sux not being able to ski...and the weather people who keep warning us about "all the snow" we're getting...need to hear the never-cry-wolf story

owenswain said...

My part of Canada is as south as one can get in this country. We are further south than a good number of American states and yet they still refer to us as being "up north."

Our north hasn't been very white any of the eight years we've lived here, but this year, I am still able bike to work daily.

Frankly, I like it. MY Quebec born wife feels otherwise.

Anonymous said...

snow...what's that?????? we have a canadian friend staying with us for awhile and she's just longing for snow. this past saturday me and the hubby and the dog went for a very long walk because it was close to 65 degrees. i actually sat on my front porch to read. go figure... it's got to bite us at some point...
judi